Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Homeschool Review: The Brinkman Adventures, Season 4 #hsreviews


Sometimes we need to be reminded to serve out of love and not obligation -- even missionary kids can forget  -- but aren't we blessed that JESUS lovingly offers grace to us all?  I love the lessons taught in the audio drama missionary stories of the Brinkman Adventures and the gentle reminders to love like JESUS loved.  I couldn't wait to receive my copy of the newest episodes of The Brinkman Adventures Season 4 and it absolutely does not disappoint.  I personally think it is the very best season yet.  Throughout its episodes you find high stakes adventure, dark prison cells, and heart-warming conversions -- and this season you see love blossom in an entirely different way.  The Brinkman family loves JESUS and shares all that is HIM with every ounce of their being and they make me want to be a better servant of my SAVIOR.  These are exactly the kinds of stories that I want to share with all the people in my world.  How about you?

Brinkman Adventures

Beginning with the adventures of a summer camp designed to teach families more about real life mission work and an exciting birth in the midst of a tornado and continuing through the wilds of Africa, a cold prison cell in Russia, and the streets of Cambodia, The Brinkman Adventures Season 4 shares the dangerous tales of life lived on mission to share the truth that JESUS loves us all and died so that we might be saved.  Each action-packed episode tells about real missionaries and what they face so that all the world might truly know JESUS.  Although the names may have been changed to protect those who serve in the most dangerous places, the lives depicted are real.  Their stories are the ones we absolutely must hear and they are the ones we simply must tell.  We cannot forget that JESUS commanded us to "Go into all the world" and that "GO" is not always easy, it is not always safe, and it is not always fun.  As I listen to the missionary stories, I am often moved to tears and moved to laughter all in the same moment.  I cannot help but remember the many children that I fell in love with in southeast Asia whose families had heeded the call of CHRIST no matter the sacrifice.  My heart swells and my eyes leak as I listen to the true stories of those who are willing to give their all because HE gave HIS all on the cross.

Available as either a download or physical CD set, Season 4 contains four discs and each disc is comprised of three episodes.  The episodes run about 30 minutes each so you have over five hours of excitement to share with your family and friends.  Although these stories are family-friendly, some episodes are intense and begin with a warning that listeners under the age of 10 might should have an adult with them to help explain what they hear.  I found those warnings to be spot-on.  There is absolutely nothing in the episodes that our children should not hear, but it helps us decide which stories I can share in children's worship (ages 3 - 11) and which ones I should save to share in our children's missions classes (ages 6-11).  And there's no need to worry if you haven't had the opportunity to listen to and enjoy all of the previous Seasons or if you've skipped one due to content.  Each episode can stand alone with no worries.  I guarantee that children and adults of all ages will laugh along with the crazy exploits of the Brinkman family -- and you'll all break out into chills when the family prays together and the sisters sing their beautiful rendition of Break Every Chain.  What a moment of worship for us all.

Brinkman Adventures

One of my favorite things about the Brinkman Adventures is that you can find the backstories of each episode on the website, follow the family blog, and meet the real-life missionary family that the adventures are based upon.  There are pictures, videos, and more detailed information about each person and location mentioned.  This is a great resource that helps us put faces to the missionary stories.  It helps us to remember that they are real people sharing JESUS in real time.

Make sure and check out the Facebook page, too.  I know you'll be glad you did.

As always, I'd love to hear how GOD speaks to you through the Brinkman family escapades.  Please, please share with me what HE is sharing with you and yours.  Let's speak life together.




Crew Disclaimer


I was given the opportunity to review The Brinkman Adventures Season 4  from Brinkman Adventures as a member of the Homeschool Review Crew.   You can check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the Homeschool Review Crew thought of this fascinating audio drama (or just click on the banner below.)




Brinkman Adventures Season 4
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!