There are certain things that just make the holidays for us -- things we decorate with, things we do as a family, things we make to eat. For my crew, there are certain must-haves to really celebrate Christmas. These are a few of our favorite things:
- Cheese Crackers --my mama made this for us when I was little and now I make them for my family. Think cheese straw in cracker form. #thebestsnackever
- Ooey, Gooey Goodness (a.k.a. Overnight Caramel Pecan Ring)
- Rotel Grits
- Sausage Balls -- I used to make these by hand, but a few years ago I found the Tennessee Pride version in the freezer already made up. Talk about super easy -- and almost as good as homemade. YUM!
- Link Sausage -- Vines Brothers or Ma Bell
- Wassail -- It's really just apple juice with red hots melted in it, but we call it wassail. It's been a family tradition for over 20 years.
- Hearty Bacon Potato Soup
- Savory Cracker Snack Mix
So, how about you? What is your favorite holiday fare? What snacks are a must to make the holiday real?