Friday, August 31, 2012

Hurricane Food -- What We're Eating

You already know about the bread.  Yummy stuff that I like.  That loaf we made yesterday was gone shortly after coming out of the bread machine.  Seems my family likes bread as much as I do.  :)

Of course, we can't live on bread alone so we've been snacking on some other foods as well.  Here's what else we are sharing in our kitchen as the rain falls steadily and the wind blows.

The MainMost made waffles and sausage to start our day off right.   It was legit.

We had WolfPack Special Sliders for lunch.  They were simple-simon to make ahead.  It was easy to heat them up in the oven but had the power been out then, we could have just as easily heated them on the grill.  Our grill is waiting patiently under the cover of the front porch for when we need it.

Taco Soup -- comfort in a bowl -- simmered all day in the crockpot.  It was warm and tasty and hit the spot.  Taco Soup really is a comfort food for us and a rainy, dreary day was definitely up for some comfort.

We're also munching on Savory Cracker Snack Mix.  This one is a family favorite ever since I first tried it as part of our Christmas goodies last year.  My friend, Logan, who blogs over at Life For Dessert shared this recipe and it quickly became a hit around here.  {Don't you just LOVE the title of her blog?  She shares her heart and brings joy to mine.  Check it out.}  I've made it just like she does and it is delicious.  And I've changed it up a bit -- and it is STILL delicious.  With the storm blowing in, Wal-Mart was out of the mini saltines and the cheddar/parmesan Duoz so I substituted with 2 bags of oyster crackers and the smoked cheddar/monterey jack Duoz and no one is complaining.  YUMMY, I tell you.  Yummy.  It's perfect for weather like this.

What are you eating at your house as we weather the storm together?  I'd really like to know.

Taste and see that the LORD is good.  Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in HIM.  Psalm 34:8


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!