Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rotel Grits in the Crockpot, Oh, My!

Okay, here it is . . .  Y'all know I am all about comfort foods in a bowl.

Totally Yummy and EASY to make, this is one of our favorites, by far.

Crockpot Rotel Grits

1- 2 lbs. Velveeta Cheese (truly, whatever you have on hand will do)
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 stick margarine or butter
1 lb. sausage (I use a roll of Jimmy Dean)
2 cups grits (I use Jim Dandy Quick Grits -- not instant)
water
salt to taste

Cube Velveeta and place in crockpot with Rotel and butter.  Turn on High.  Cook and drain sausage and add to cheese mixture.  Cook grits according to package (8 1/2 cups water and salt to taste).    Add to crockpot and let simmer together.  I let the flavors mingle for about an hour and then we can't wait any longer to dive in.

Totally DELICIOUS.  Let me know what you think -- and if you come up with ways to make it even better.

This ICY day has GREAT POTENTIAL.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I have had these and let me tell you... they are DA BOMB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds perfect for an icy day. Is there a way to make it without cooking the grits ahead?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!