Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Hearty Bacon Potato Soup -- a Christmas Day Tradition

Another of our Christmas traditions is Hearty Bacon Potato Soup.  I've been making this soup for over 20 years and it's simply wonderful.  After a late breakfast of all our faves on Christmas morning, my husband's parents come up for a late lunch.  This is what I serve most years.   I'll be making it early this year though because I've been asked to bring it Saturday to Christmas with my in-laws.  (I'll come back and post pics when I make it.  I promise.)  This is the perfect soup for the cool weather.

Hearty Bacon Potato Soup

2 cups cubed potatoes
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cups milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 slices bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
1 (8 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/4 tsp. thyme


In 3 quart pan, cook bacon for 5 minutes.  DO NOT DRAIN.  Add potatoes and onions and simmer 20 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients and cook 10-15 minutes.  I sprinkle a little grated cheese over the top and serve with cornbread.  Enjoy!!



I'm linking up with my friend Lisa at Home to 4 Kiddos.  Hop on over and try a new recipe today. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!