Thursday, December 31, 2015

Reading Roundup (December 2015)



Remember last month when I shared with you that I really want to make a concerted effort to read more this year?  I challenged myself to read 5 books a month and I even set categories for books I wanted to read.  It was a little difficult getting all 5 books in this month due to the nature of the holidays, but I did it.  Whoop!  Whoop!  I finished my 5th book today. Here's what I've read this month:


My Just for Fun selection was A Bend in the Road.  It was an easy read that helped spark my reading challenge.  I'm a sucker for a good story of warm fuzzies.



My Inspiration Needed selection was Forever Christmas.  What a great reminder to cherish every day.



Who knew my For a Better Me selection would end up being What Alice Forgot?  Oh, WOW!  I had read a different title by Liane Moriarty and it was a "can't put this down" type book, too -- and I'd been told to make sure to read this one soon -- but I had NO IDEA.  What Alice Forgot is more than just a "can't put this down."  It had me laughing and crying and remembering what life is really all about.  It is a beautiful testimony of love and grace and mercy and speaks volumes to my heart about where my life has been and where it needs to be.  I am reminded over and over to STOP BEING SO BUSY and just take the time to ENJOY THOSE I LOVE.  Yep!  It's definitely for a better me, all right.


And I've been trying to decide if audible books can count in my monthly book count.  What say you?  The MainMost says OF COURSE they do, and this month I'm most inclined to agree.

It wouldn't be Christmas without hearing my dad read these two books.


My Childhood Treasure this month was none other than The Night Before Christmas.  It's been a family tradition since my dad was a little boy.



My Ministry-Minded selection was the story of the birth of JESUS from Luke 2.  Christmas is when GOD showed up.  That's our celebration.



Your turn.  What are you reading and what should I add to my must-read list?



I'm linking up with my friend DaLynn over at Biblical Womanhood.  Come join us and share what books you're reading.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!