Monday, November 30, 2015

Reading Roundup (November 2015)


You might remember that I participated in the Empty Shelf Challenge a few years ago, but what you might not know is that I really shocked myself when I realized how many books I actually read each month.  The very act of making a list for my blog made me want to read more and more.

I have always enjoyed reading and I've always been a pretty prolific reader, but I find it harder and harder to actually sit down and read as the years go by.  Seems we are in a pretty busy season of life and I'm not exactly sure when it slows down.  There are so many good books on my list to read and my shelves are full of good intentions.

So, I've decided to do a Reading Roundup each month and see if that will spur me on to more quality reading time.  I'm planning to post a list of what I've read on the last day of each month.  I think I need a little kickstart to remind myself to slow down and take time to enjoy.  Can you relate?

This month, my "have read" list is pretty slim, so I thought I'd start with a "to be read" list instead.  I'm putting it out here so you can help keep me accountable to a better me.  Is that okay with you?  I hope you don't mind coming alongside me and encouraging me to start turning pages.

I think that my goal will be to read 5 books a month (with hopes that I might actually read more).  I'd like to read one book for each of these "categories":

1.  Just for Fun
2.  For a Better Me
3.  Ministry-minded
4. Inspiration Needed
5.  A Childhood Treasure

How about you?  What categories of books are you reading each month?

It would also be super-fun if you'd take a moment to share with me what books have caught your eye. What are you reading or what would you like to read in the coming month?  What's your favorite genre of literature?  What book did you read last?  What's your favorite book of all time?

I hope you'll take a minute or two and share some of your reading with me.  It's good to have friends on the journey.



I'm linking up with my friend DaLynn over at Biblical Womanhood.  Come join us and share what books you're reading.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!