Thursday, October 22, 2015

Schoolhouse Review: Koru Naturals #hsreviews


As Summer finally fades into Fall (the trees are just now starting to change colors around here and the temperature is still 80+ degrees -- in October), my yard has become a dust bowl like much of the world around me.  It's dry, dry, dry and I can hardly stand it.  The dust is taking over every aspect of my life and my skin is dealing with the repercussions of it all.  As a matter of fact, my skin is drier now than it has been in as long as I can remember and I NEED moisture in my life.  When the opportunity to review new skin care products from Koru Naturals arose, I was ready.  (You might remember that I started out a bit skeptical the last time I reviewed for Koru Naturals, but I was totally sold on the benefits of the products by the end of the review.)  This time around, things were different.  I was practically begging for that sweet little box of Koru goodies to come my way and I couldn't wait for my package to arrive.

And arrive it did.  Oh, my stars!  Opening that box was just wonderful.  For starters, it was the best smelling box ever.  Talk about aromatherapy.  I started smelling goodness as soon as I cut the outer padded envelope from around the box and it just got better and better as I removed each individual product.  The Skin Clear Cream and the Honey & Propolis Soap were just plain fun and the Manuka Honey and Manuka Oil Facial Cleanser Gel and Manuka Honey, Tamarind and Manuka Oil Facial Toner were intriguing in their little silver canisters.  (Do you see the trend here?)  I was  going for clean, clear skin starting from the top.  I couldn't wait to begin using all four of these to see how much I liked them -- because I KNEW I'd like them.  The Kolpurrie Balm from our last review is STILL making a difference in my life and I wanted to use these new things to continue that change.

Koru Naturals ReviewI have to say that I've been blessed with pretty good skin -- I've never had acne aside from a very occasional pimple -- and my face has never been oily, but in recent years my skin texture has changed (could it be an age thing??  ACK!!).    I've tried to explain it to friends, but typically they just say I should use a good scrub and loofah and make sure to moisturize.  I've tried that and I've used some pretty intense lotion, but things? They are a changin' !  I was super-pumped to receive the skin care package of some of Koru's finest and I've been using it faithfully for the past 6 weeks.

Let's start with my confession.  My skincare routine had become lackluster at best.  Typically, I rinse my face at night with a wet washcloth and head to bed.  Not the greatest way to help my dry skin with the weird texture, I know.  I start each morning with an astringent wipe and then throw my makeup on top of that.  It takes me about 15 minutes to complete that task -- makeup and all.  It's not a great plan and my skin definitely could use some help, so I've been trying to do better with my Koru products.  Hmmm . . . is this momma trying to reclaim lost time and correct sun damage from years of neglect?  A daughter getting married makes one reflect, that's for sure.  


 Koru Naturals Review Now that I have them, I use the Manuka Honey and Manuka Oil Facial Cleanser Gel to clean my face and I follow that up with the Manuka Honey, Tamarind and Manuka Oil Facial Toner.  These products are making a huge difference in how my skin feels and how I feel about myself.  I find the fresh smell of the Manuka Cleanser Gel invigorating as I rub a small amount of gel onto my face.  I can almost feel the makeup and daily crud melting off of my face as the Manuka Cleanser Gel rests gently on my skin and seeps into my pores.  After it sits for about a minute, I use a washcloth to rinse it all off.  This is good stuff with a little bit of a kick -- a tiny tingle that lets me know it is hard at work clearing up the grime.

 Koru Naturals Review I follow the Cleanser Gel up with an application of the Manuka Honey, Tamarind and Manuka Oil Facial Toner and it's easy to see that the Cleanser did its job by the absence of makeup residue on the cotton ball with the Toner.  The Manuka Facial Toner has a pleasant scent and acts as a light astringent to help condition my skin before I apply the moisturizing Skin Clear Cream.  It does not feel harsh and offers protection from the crazy weather and high humidity we experience here in the South.  It is worth noting that my bottle of Toner has a pump instead of the spray head pictured here.  I really like the pump as it makes it easy to apply to my cotton ball.  One pump is quite enough to use over my entire face.

 Koru Naturals Review
Celebrating its 20th anniversary, the Skin Clear Cream promises to help reduce acne and to promote elasticity in skin.   With a creamy texture and light, clean scent, I am finding that it does just that.  I had actually gotten out of the habit of moisturizing daily, but I really enjoy the nightly application of this Cream.  The clean, citrus-y smell is relaxing and the Cream serves as a balm following the tingle of the Cleanser.  While I don't have acne prone skin that needs clearing up, I am seeing a marked difference in the texture of my skin.  It feels soft and supple and smooth.  My 14-year-old, who is dealing with a volcano of hormonal eruptions,  has been sharing my Cream and she can attest to the claim that it helps clear up acne.  We can already see a huge difference in her breakouts.

 Koru Naturals Review I love all of these yummy botanical-infused facial products straight from the lush land of New Zealand and I'm truly seeing a difference in my face just like I'd hoped I would.  They have all been nice additions to my skincare regime and I plan to continue using them as I work to take better care of myself.  There's one more thing that I've added to the mix that is working wonders in my life.  The last thing I want to introduce you to is the FABULOUS Honey & Propolis Soap.  This huge bar of soap offers super-intense moisturizing and unbelievable scent.  It is rich and creamy and helps ease the dry, itchiness that has become my body while the seasons work to change.  This Soap smells delightfully and works well when I shave and bathe and soak.  I don't do floral scents and prefer that my soap doesn't overwhelm and overpower.  A great moisturizer with a great smell?  This might just be the best soap ever.  You've simply GOT to try it.  

In a dark and dreary winter of gray skies, gray trees, and gray grass, Koru Naturals offered quite a bit of sunshine to my life.  Now in the dusty, dry heat that can't quite decide if it's summer or fall, Koru is giving my skin a new lease on life.  You really want to try these products for yourself.   There's even more to choose from as you treat yourself to your own personal spa at home. Check it out.  You can find some more ideas about how to use the Koru Naturals products in your home by checking out the following Social Media sites:

Crew Disclaimer

I was given the opportunity to review Koru Naturals as a member of the Schoolhouse ReviewCrew.   You can check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the Schoolhouse ReviewCrew thought of this and other products as well (or just click on the banner below.)

Koru Naturals Review
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!