Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Crockpot Pork Tips

When Long Leaf Academy is in session and my chauffeur's cap is donned, we find it easiest to share the cooking responsibilities amongst the entire family.  I've been working on just how that dinner schedule will look for this new school year since the family dynamics have changed yet again after graduation.

The soccer schedule has me thinking that Monday should maybe officially be called Crockpot Cuisine so I'm looking for a few new recipes to add to our repertoire.  I found pork stew meat on sale recently, so I took advantage of the great price and bought some for the freezer.  Tonight is the very first soccer practice, so I'm trying out a new crockpot recipe and tweaking to meet our needs. Here's the recipe for Crockpot Pork a la Lynn.

Crockpot Pork Tips

1 1/2 pounds pork stew meat
1 teaspoon ham flavored soup base (I use L.B. Jamison's)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Add all of these ingredients to crockpot.  (I put my pork stew meat in frozen.) Cook on low until tender.  (This took only 3 hours in my crockpot.)  The flavor of this is absolutely delicious.  The MainMost made gravy when he got home from work and we served the pork tips over rice.  Cornbread, creamed corn and Oven Roasted Okra rounded out our menu.


My original plan was to make barbecue pork sandwiches with this meat but it tasted so good coming out of the crockpot that we decided to eat it over rice.  Next time I find pork stew meat on sale, I'll plan to make sandwiches with it.  To do that, you simply shred the pork once it is tender and add barbecue sauce.  You can make your own sauce or use your favorite brand.   Serve on sandwich buns with chips and coleslaw.

Enjoy . . .



I'm linking up with my friend Lisa at Home to 4 Kiddos.  Hop on over and try a new recipe today.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Looks SO good...makes me hungry just looking at it! How did you do the okra?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crock pot saved the day, just a few days ago. It is so nice to be gone and walk in to the smells of dinner finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love my crockpot! :-) This looks so good. Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will be able to join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/08/try-new-recipe-tuesday-beach-edition-818.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!