Monday, March 31, 2014

The Empty Shelf Challenge--March #EmptyShelf

I'm finding out some things about myself as I continue filling my empty shelf. When I like an author, I really like an author.  In January, I read several books by John Grisham.  In March, I've read three by Chautona Havig -- and they just happened to fit within a series, although they were perfectly fine as stand alone reads as well.  Christian fiction at its finest, these books inspire me and GOD speaks through their pages.  I like that.  Here's a look at what's filling my shelf this month.  You know, it's true -- when you start reading and keeping a record (or a shelf), you really DO read more.  

This month, I'm adding a quote under the picture of each book cover.  It's just a little something that spoke to my heart as I read.  Let me know what you think.

I am a child of the KING . . .
I walk boldly before the throne of GRACE and because of the blood of JESUS,
I am granted an audience with HIM . . .
I love the LORD with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength,  and I love my neighbor as myself.


She told me that she might be damaged goods,
but she'd been repaired by the MASTER, and HE considered her priceless.

You have to decide if you trust the LORD with everything or just some things.


GOD did not make too many people and not enough resources to go around.  
Because we are living in HIS world, there has to be a solution.



I have also continued in my quest to read through the Bible this year.  This month I have finished Numbers and read John and Deuteronomy. 

So, what are YOU reading and what would you recommend that I read in April?  I'm open to suggestions.

Because reading good stuff helps me find the potential in each day . . .
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. A Heart Like His by Beth Moore. It's the study of David. I am currently reading it along with I & II Samual. Amazing insight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!