Sunday, March 30, 2014

A New Recipe for You -- Dirty Rice with Cajun Sausage

I tried a new recipe tonight and must say that it will definitely be added to our menu on a regular basis.  It was quick and easy and that always makes me smile.

Dirty Rice with Cajun Sausage

In my rice cooker:
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups long grain white rice

As the rice cooked, I sauteed:
1 pound cajun sausage, sliced
2 Tablespoons oil
1 chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
Celery Seed, to taste
Salt and Pepper

When onions and garlic were soft, I added 1 cup chicken broth and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper and let simmer until rice was done in cooker.  Then I added the rice to the sausage mixture, sprinkled with Parsley flakes, and stirred it all together.

This was simply yummy.  I'll definitely be making it again.


I'm linking up with my friend, Lisa, over at Home to 4 Kiddos.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. This looks SO good! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will be able to join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/04/try-new-recipe-tuesday-april-8.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!