Wednesday, November 21, 2012

It may be sinful . . .

I tried a new recipe this afternoon with a few substitutions based on what I could find locally.  We just had our first taste and the MainMost says it may be sinful.  I had called the kids to come have a taste and he said they didn't have to have any at all.  It was just that good.  Oh.my.goodness.  Here's how I made it:

White Chocolate Mocha Salted Caramel Cobbler

2 cups self-rising flour
6 Tablespoons cocoa
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup International Delight White Chocolate Mocha Coffee Creamer

1/4 cup Bailey's Caramel Coffee Creamer
2/3 cup margarine, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons cocoa
3 cups hot water
Sea Salt


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.  Mix flour, 6 Tablespoons cocoa and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a large bowl.  Add International Delight, Bailey's, and melted margarine and stir until smooth.  Pour this mixture into greased casserole dish.

In separate bowl, mix 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, and 3 Tablespoons cocoa until combined.  Sprinkle this dry mixture over the batter in greased casserole dish.  Pour HOT water over the top of the dry ingredients.  DO NOT STIR.

Bake for 45 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt.  Let cobbler stand for five minutes while cobbler thickens.  Serve with ice cream.  (We had Blue Bell Peppermint.  WOW.  I tried to tell the kids that it had been a recipe fail and that they shouldn't try it.  I also said they really didn't want to try it with the ice cream.  They didn't believe me.  I'll have to make more soon.)

This Day REALLY does have GREAT POTENTIAL.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!