Saturday, November 17, 2012

Cajun Cabbage Soup

One of my all-time favorite recipes is Cajun Cabbage Casserole.  My mother-in-love sent cooked cabbage to us this week and we ate some for supper.  I don't have enough of it to make Cajun Cabbage Casserole, so I'm cooking  a soup version of it in the crockpot right now.  Using what I have on-hand, I think we have hit upon something pretty good.

Cajun Cabbage Soup

1/2 can Chicken Broth
Cooked Cabbage
Ground Pork cooked with small Chopped Onion
2 cans Rotel Tomatoes
1 cup Ham Broth
1 cup Cooked Rice
Velveeta Cheese
Garlic Powder, Pepper, and Salt to taste

Combine all ingredients in Crockpot.  Cook on low until cheese melts. Serve with cornbread.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I have been wanting cabbage. This sounds perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!