Sunday, February 12, 2012

See-N-Spell

My very favorite reading tool from last year was the See-N-Read -- so much so that I still use it EVERY day!  We start school every morning reading from the Bible and my See-N-Read has proven to be an invaluable companion.  I also have a See-N-Read tucked inside our spelling curriculum so that I can easily call words out from the lists and not lose my place!  It was the one tool that I received that I had no idea how much I needed it.

Because I simply fell in love with the See-N-Read, you can imagine how excited I was to be able to use and review the See-N-Spell booklet put out by the same company.  The See-N-Spell is a "spelling and vocabulary quick reference guide" that helps take the intimidation out of learning to spell.  {Although I'm a pretty good speller, Spelling lessons each day try my patience more than ANYTHING else.}

Photobucket

A 40-page booklet, the See-N-Spell helps writers easily find the correct spelling of over 300 commonly used words just by using the sound of the first letter or letters.  Arranged alphabetically, the booklet makes it easy to find words that you might not be sure about how to spell.  Your student simply needs to turn to the page that corresponds with the beginning sound of the word they want to use in their writing.  Words are then listed by part of speech and as homophones with a brief definition that explains where to use the which spelling.

The See-N-Spell booklet also contains an easy reference section with commonly misspelled words and a blank section for writing special interest words.  An easy-to-use booklet, the See-N-Spell helps turn your students into great writers and spellers.  Instead of having to pull out their huge dictionary, they can quickly look up words and keep the momentum going in their writing.

As an extra bonus, each See-N-Spell booklet contains a See-N-Read tool to help improve reading skills.  Backed by extensive research (and classroom testing), the See-N-Read Reading Tool trains readers to concentrate on what they are reading and improves reading comprehension as well.

I think the See-N-Spell will quickly find a treasured place in your homeschool.  It will become a family favorite -- a tool you didn't realize you needed and one you'll soon not be able to imagine doing without!

Pick up your Spelling and Vocabulary Quick Reference Guide -- the See-N-Spell -- for only $9.99.  I think you'll find it a great companion for your homeschool.  And that FREE See-N-Read Reading Tool will be one of your favorite things ever -- I just KNOW it!

Photobucket

~~I was given the opportunity to use and review See-N-Spell as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew.  The opinions stated are mine and mine alone.  I was not paid to share my thoughts and feelings with you. You can check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the TOS Homeschool Crew thought of  See-N-Spell HERE .~~ Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!