Thursday, December 8, 2011

Marvelous Medieval Machines

Photobucket

So this was the conversation in my van as we drove north to visit Grandma:

Boy Scout:  All you need for a trebuchet is rope, wood, weight, projectile and a lever.


The Princess:  And a . . . (voice trailing off)


Boy Scout:  Do you even know what a trebuchet is?  It's a different kind of catapult, Sister.  They used one on Punkin' Chunkin' last week!


IMG_0519[1] Yes, yes!  Punkin' Chunkin' is a favorite around here.  And how perfect of a lead-in was this conversation?  What the Boy Scout and the Princess didn't yet know was that I had the Medieval Machines Pack by Pitsco Education waiting for them to put together and explore at home -- and it came at the PERFECT time in our school year.
Photobucket

We're studying Rome to the Reformation this year and we have just entered the Medieval time period.  Isn't it always cool how GOD works everything out in HIS PERFECT TIMING?  I couldn't have asked for a better hands-on learning tool for my children! Trebuchets and Catapults, Oh, My!

The Medieval Machines Pack contains all of the necessary supplies (except for glue -- which I had on hand) to make working models of both a Trebuchet and a Catapult AND has a great book entitled Siege Machines that explains all about the medieval mayhem these two machines could cause.  Packed with experiments and history lessons that allowed us loads of learning fun, the Medieval Machines Pack makes a great addition to our homeschool.

IMG_0518[1]One of my favorite parts of the Medieval Machines Pack was how quickly the MainMost jumped in to be a part of the fun learning experience.  Although I could have helped out as needed, it was PRICELESS watching my two favorite men work so closely together -- heads close and hands touching.  The conversation was good listening as the Man who captured my heart 21 years ago explained engineering concepts to the Boy who tugs my heartstrings.   [The guys started off building the Trebuchet and ended with the Catapult.  I am pretty sure that the Catapult is their very favorite -- the first little clay rock that went soaring from the dining room table across my living room to the fireplace had  them both yelling in unison "COOL!!!!!"  Now the Boy Scout is busy making tons of "ammunition" for the big battle they are planning.  FUN TIMES, I tell you!  Fun times!]

IMG_0524[1]

We have greatly enjoyed our Medieval Machines pack and I know you will like it, too.  Our pack included the Siege Machines Book (32-pages that help you learn history, construction skills, math, science and teamwork), the Catapult Kit, the Trebuchet Kit AND the weights for the incredible price of $21.95.  It was a PERFECT complement to our history studies and provided hours of dad/son time and fun for the entire family.  You can purchase your Medieval Machines Pack HERE {but while you're there, look around at all of the other cool stuff Pitsco offers.  All four of my kiddos have found something they are interested in!}. Pitsco Education offers a MULTITUDE of  kits with in-depth teacher's and curriculum guides that provide hours of teaching material for every student -- from race cars to robotics and all kinds of things in-between, you'll be impressed!
IMG_0522[1]

Photobucket

~~I was given the opportunity to use the  Medieval Machines Homeschool Pack by Pitsco Education as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew.  The opinions stated are mine and mine alone.  I was not paid to share my thoughts and feelings with you.  I encourage you to check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the TOS Homeschool Crew thought of  the Medieval Machines Homeschool Pack HERE.~~

  Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!