Sunday, September 18, 2011

Warm Chili for Hectic Days

Even today we're headed off in five different directions now that our Morning Worship Service is over.  Usually we eat lunch with my mom, but today is just us.   Thankfully, I can quickly whip up a Sunday lunch before everyone heads out.  I'm so grateful that my crew will eat soup and chili for several days in a row without complaining.

I took out some of that seasoned hamburger meat and added a few ingredients for a quick pot of chili.  My "big girls mixed up a pan of cornbread and as soon as it comes out of the oven we're ready to eat.

Here's how I made today's chili -- truly a quickie meal!

Sunday Chili

1 lb. of ground meat

1/2 chopped onion

2 cans of light red kidney beans

1 can Rotel tomatoes

1 pkg. chili seasoning (I buy whatever brand is cheapest, but you could make your own.)




Brown hamburger meat with chopped onion (salt and pepper to taste, if desired).  Drain. Place seasoned meat in soup pot and add all other ingredients. (I add the Rotel tomatoes last because I have one dear daughter who doesn't like tomatoes.  We mix everything together, ladle a bowlful out for her and then add the Rotel for the rest of us.) Let chili simmer while cornbread cooks.  Serve chili with sour cream, cheese, onions or any of your favorite toppings with hot cornbread and butter.  Yummy!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!