Thursday, October 28, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 18--Something I Regret

"Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life . . .


Look straight ahead,
and fix your eyes on what lies before you."

Proverbs 4:23, 25



Of the things that I wish were different than they are, most involve the word "no."  I regret having said "no" when I simply should have said "yes." May my heart be guarded against "no's" when GOD calls me to "yes."


I regret that I said no when I was asked to serve as the football statistician at The Place to Be.  How much fun that would have been! And how much sooner I would have developed my love of the game . . .


I regret that I ever stopped writing letters and sending cards to friends and family.  I'd like to be that girl again.


I regret that I am not more gifted in the art of hospitality.


I regret that the last time I lost weight, I let it creep back in--although the summer of Blue Bell was most delicious!


YET, I am encouraged that the GOD who loves me allows me to look ahead at what HE has laid out before me!  I am blessed--and in that blessing there are no regrets!




HE is jealous for me
Love’s like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of HIS wind and mercy
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
and I realize just how beautiful YOU are and how great YOUR affections are for me.
Oh, how HE loves us so
Oh, how HE loves us
How HE loves us so.

So we are HIS portion and HE is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in HIS eyes
If grace is an ocean we’re all sinking
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way that HE loves us,

Woah, how HE loves us
Woah, how HE loves us
Woah, how HE loves us

~~How blessed are you?  Join me on Katie's Journey as I explore the blessings in my life.~~ Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!