Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And We're Off . . .

It's Official!  Even though the calendar doesn't SAY that Summer has officially begun, the luggage sitting around my house in various states of packing tells me that it has.  The oldest McBlessings and I leave for StudentLife Camp in the morning at 6:00 a.m. --way to early for my brain to even begin processing yet!  And as usual, I have SO VERY MUCH to do.  The hardest part of any trip for me has always been the packing up to leave.  Actually, this is the part that stresses me out the most.  I'm leaving behind the MainMost and the younger McBlessings--with a list of where to be when and what to have on when they get there.  They'll make it just fine without me--they always do--but I'll be thinking of them and praying for them every moment I am away.

Last night was Jenner-man's last regular season baseball game.  The highlight for me was seeing him turn a TRIPLE PLAY unassisted.  It was a beautiful thing to watch--and the smile on his face made sitting in the rain worthwhile.  I can't help but imagine that that's exactly how GOD feels about watching us.  I know that HE is in the stands cheering away at every play we make for HIM.

I am so thankful for the good friends who will love on my children while I am gone and for the ones going with me who share my passion for teaching middle schoolers about the wonders of our DADDY.  It's going to be an awesome week--both at camp and at home.

Enjoy your week!  Celebrate DADDY! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!