Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Blessing of a Son

Eleven years ago our family dynamics changed yet again with the birth our only son, Jenner.  After having had two daughters,  I was positive that I would never know WHAT to do with a boy.  When we found out I was pregnant with the third McBlessing, I was sure it too would be a girl!  You can imagine our shock--and excitement--when the ultrasound revealed "it" would be a HE!  Named for both great grandfathers, Thomas Jenner made his arrival into our world on May 23, 1999.  From the very moment our doctor placed him in my arms, my world was rocked.  Up until that moment, everything we owned was pink and frilly--but we soon added blue and tough to the collection.

Jenner has blessed my life in ways I would never have imagined.  It is true that a son loves his mother in a way totally different that a daughter.  He is a hand-holder, hug-giver, sweet boy.  His love of baseball has given us new activities to pursue and his passion for life has given us new avenues to explore.  He has enriched our family--and brought a totally different sense of humor from that of the girls.

I am thankful that GOD chose to give us Jenner and I wish him a very happy birthday!  He has my heart and I am proud to say that JESUS has his. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!