Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Homeschool Review: Library and Educational Services LLC #hsreviews #libraryandeducationalservices #whowasbookseries


I kind of have a thing for books and I am quite sure that you can never have too many.  I have always loved to read and have wanted to make sure that my family enjoys it as much as I do.  Now that I am a grandmother, I want to make sure that my sweet little man has a quality stash of books to enjoy as well, so I was excited to find some pretty cool little books over at Library and Educational Services LLC.   For purposes of review, I was able to choose one title from their Who Was . . . ? series, one CD from their Lifehouse Theater CDs series, and a selection of titles from their Reinforced Hardcover Library Binding Nonfiction books.   


Because I am currently challenging myself to read 52 books, I decided to build my selections around an author that I had not previously read.  Neat, huh?  I started with Who Was Jane Austen? in order to get a real feel of the author so many have loved through the years.  This 107-page, softcover book starts by sharing that Jane Austen is still considered one of the most interesting people in history and explains how each of her six published books has touched the hearts of readers.  Jane Austen was a master of character and connection as she creatively wove the lives of ordinary people into the most interesting stories.  She makes us see ourselves and realize that we can accomplish great things in the day-to-day.  I enjoyed the look at her life and the historical notes included throughout the book.  The black and white illustrations were fun as well.  

After reading Who Was Jane Austen?, my next selection was the fully dramatized audio adventure Pride and Prejudice from the Lifehouse Theater CD series.  It was exciting to step into the pages of the book and hear it come alive.  I listened delightedly for a little over an hour and was sad when it ended.  Although I knew who Jane Austen was, I had no idea how much I would enjoy her writings before now.  She is funny and her characters are charming.  I was excited to continue reading.


After listening to the Pride and Prejudice  Theater CD, I enjoyed reading the Real Reads versions of her very first book, Sense and Sensibility, and her second book, Pride and Prejudice.  The Real Reads books are shorter versions of classic literature.  They feature the reinforced hardcover library binding that we all love because they make books durable for lots of use.  Each book is 64-pages long and filled with colorful illustrations.  They tell a condensed version of the classic story (without sacrificing content and main ideas) and encourage the reader to read the full novel in all of its original splendor.  I like that these Real Reads offer children an easy introduction to great literature and also whet their appetite for more.  Background information is included at the end of each book, as well as a Further Reading section, suggested websites to visit for more in depth learning, and even films to watch that have been adapted from the original story.  Each book ends with a Food for Thought section that includes critical thinking questions, a look at overall themes, and an examination of style.  

This is such a great way to help children fall in love with literature that I decided we had to own them all.  The Real Reads collection is the perfect start to an outstanding library.  There are currently 17 titles included and you are going to want to own them all, too.


Once I finish the Jane Austen collection, I think I will begin reading the Charles Dickens collection.  And after that, I just may begin the "scary story" collection that includes Dracula, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Frankenstein.  I have never read any of those books and these shortened versions will be the perfect touch.





If you are anything like me and enjoy perusing the actual pages, you can request a catalog of your very own from Library and Education Services LLC and see the bigger picture of all of the wonderful resources that they offer the homeschooling community.  I know that you are going to appreciate the opportunity to purchase quality inspiration for your family at wholesale prices.  I am looking forward to sharing my Real Reads library of books with my sweet little man -- and any other precious grands that might come my way.  You simply cannot beat the quality provided with these reinforced hardcover books.  They are easy to hold and share and the covers can be wiped down if spills or accidents occur.  It makes my heart happy to know that these books will be loved by generations to come and I am pleased as punch to be able to introduce the classics to my little folks in an easy-to-understand way.





There is so much offered here for families with learners of all ages.  From littles to grown ups, there are titles for everyone.  Fiction, nonfiction, DVDs, and audio series -- you are going to find so much to love about Library and Education Services LLC.  To find out even more about their wonderful offerings, check out the following Social Media outlets:







I was given the opportunity to review one title from the Who Was . . . ? series, one CD from the Lifehouse Theater CDs series, and a selection of titles from the Reinforced Hardcover Library Binding Nonfiction books from Library and Educational Services LLC as a member of the Homeschool Review Crew.   You can check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the Homeschool Review Crew thought of  the books and CDs and other resources we reviewed (or just click on the banner below.)


Wholesale Books for Your Homeschool {Library and Educational Services LLC Reviews}



Crew Disclaimer

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!