Tuesday, October 18, 2016

It's Fall, Y'all -- and it's the little things that make me happy #letsgetrealyall #reclaimingmylife


There's no cool weather yet and the leaves are just starting to change colors, but It's Fall, Y'all!    I used to decorate for all of the different holidays and seasons.  Then I reached a point in my life that I was lucky if I got Christmas decorations up before Christmas Eve and down before Spring Break.  If I'm really honest (let's get real, right?) then I guess this is a safe place to admit there may or may not be a Christmas tree still tucked away in my foyer and my special Santa collection on a shelf above my dining room window.  Please tell me I'm not the only one?

In my quest to reclaim my life, I woke up this morning with an idea to get some "old me" things done.  It really is the little things that make me smile.


  • New flag pole and team colors flying


happy gifts
  • All of my feeders filled and ready for feathered friends

Bring on the birds

  • Fall festive-ness at my front door (ignore the scratches from the grandpup.  He did that the day I painted the door)


Mums anyone?

  • A grateful reminder


Flour sack tea towel on the oven

  • Fall wreaths welcome us home
a wreath of Fall

I also bought sparkly pumpkins for the foyer table and I'll be working on those a bit more tomorrow and decorating the mantel.  Like I said, it's the little things that make me smile as I take baby steps back to me.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!