Sunday, January 3, 2016

Vapors {Scripture & a Snapshot}




We always say goodbye and hello by sending our Christmas tree up in flames on New Years.  It's a fun way to count down to the beginning of the new year and the MainMost has mastered the art of wrapping it with firecrackers (over 5,000 this year) and hiding bottle rockets, Roman candles, and a mortar round inside.   It's a super-spectacular explosion and is a pretty impressive way to welcome all things new.

This picture is what was left of the tree this morning.  The MainMost summed it up like this:

Gone in a minute. Makes me think about all of the "stuff" of Christmas. Better to make investments in friends and family.

And isn't that really just like our life?  Vapours that vanish -- that's all of us.

What a great reminder for me to FOCUS my investments wisely.



I'm joining with my friend Jennifer over at a glimpse of our life as we give glory to GOD through our photos.


Scripture and Snapshot
And linking up with my Crewbie Brenda over at Counting Pinecones.  I love sharing Scripture with my friends.

Counting Pinecones


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing visual for sure! May you have a blessed 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat tradition! And thought-provoking too, especially with the Scripture. I'll be tucking this idea away for the future, since we keep talking about going back to a real tree - and because my guys all love burning things and setting off fireworks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!