Tuesday, November 24, 2015

White Chicken Chili {crockpot cooking}

The food at Bunko this week was phenomenal and I asked for the recipe before I ever left the table.  My friend, Brianna, served White Chicken Chili, homemade bread, a Caesar salad, and a cherry dump cake and we were all bragging on her culinary abilities.  It had been extremely windy all day and we knew storms were looming on the horizon, so the food was welcoming and comforting.  We played all 21 games of Bunko before the rain arrived.  It was a fun night -- and I won a prize!  First time in a long time.

Brianna was gracious enough to send leftovers home with me for my family and they all enjoyed having a taste.  They actually enjoyed it so much, I made it for supper Friday night.  This is an easy recipe that makes a lot and tastes delicious.  I think you'll enjoy making it at your house.  It's perfect for crockpot or stovetop and can be adjusted according to ingredients on-hand.



White Chicken Chili

2 - 3 chicken breasts, shredded
1 stick of butter
1 package of frozen Seasoning Blend (I used Pictsweet.)
1 package of White Chicken Chili Mix
1 8-ounce block of cream cheese
1 pound of Velveeta cheese 
2 cans great Northern beans, rinsed
2 cans white shoe peg corn
1 can Rotel tomatoes
4 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup

Boil chicken in water that has been salted and peppered to taste.  Shred chicken.  Reserve broth.  

Sauté frozen Seasoning Blend in butter while letting cheeses melt in crockpot.  Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on low for 4 - 5 hours.  

OR if you can't wait that long . . .

Place all ingredients in stock pot and cook on stovetop to heat through.  Be careful to stir frequently so nothing sticks or burns.

I served this chili with warm French bread, but cornbread would be delicious, too.  


Let me know what you think.




I'm joining with my friend Lisa over at Home to 4 Kiddos.  Jump right over and try a new recipe today.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!