Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Schoolhouse Review: Real Life Press A Busy Moms Guide to Daylight #hsreviews

Real Life Press Review

Real Life Press ReviewI love to read, but I hardly ever seem to have time to do so anymore these days.  It's a busy, busy, BUSY season of my life and I often start books, but never finish them.  Very rarely do I find a book so compelling that I can't put it down.  But . . . then I was given the opportunity to read and review Heidi St. John's The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Daylight published by Real Life Press and I couldn't stop reading.  And highlighting.  And re-reading.  Because it's simply that good.

Believe me when I tell you that this mom is tired.  Exhausted, actually.  And busy.  And burns through daylight like it's not even there.  So . . . I needed this book at just this time in my life.  Just for me.  Because times are crazy and this momma needed to try and find something that would make real life better for everyone around her.   I needed craved encouragement to just keep going, and I received it through the words on these pages.

I received the digital download of The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Daylight and it was a good thing because I could read it right off of my phone as I lay in bed at night while the MainMost slept.  I didn't have to bother him with the bedside lamp when I just couldn't stop reading.  Heidi's words touched my heart and blessed my soul.  She reminded me that there is SO MUCH MORE.  It was easy to highlight words of encouragement (and survival) that  I just don't want to forget in my digital copy, but there is a physical copy available as well if you like the feel of a book in your hands.  I cannot adequately express how very much I think EVERY HOMESCHOOL MOM should read this book.  I think we all need the "white space challenge."    {Do you see what I did there?  You really need to go get grab a copy of this book and find out what the white space challenge is.  Really.  Trust me on this one, friends.}

Heidi St. John helps homeschool mommas break down important parts of each day by focusing on Intentional Daylight, Organized Daylight, Scheduled Daylight, Hungry Daylight, Discouraged Daylight, Consolidated Daylight, Wasted Daylight, and Surrendered Daylight through the 8 chapters of the book.  From the very beginning, the shared desire that our children love their family resonated deep within me and shook my very core.  I, too, want my children to love their family.  I desire for my kids to find friendships with each other and to understand that GOD's plan for their lives includes each of us in a unique way.  I often feel like a failure when I hear unkind words and snippy responses between siblings.   I have felt the pressure as a homeschool mom that makes me question what we do -- are we blessing our children or ruining them?  Heidi's kind words remind me to tie a knot and HANG ON when I reach the end of my homeschool rope.  She reassures me that I CAN manage myself and my day because GOD has called me to home educate my children and HE has already equipped me with exactly what I need to get the job done.  Even on days when math seems impossible and attitudes are overbearing, GOD is already there.  Who doesn't need a reminder to lay it down at HIS feet and rest in HIM?  I am often guilty of "surviving our busy life" and forgetting to take the time for the stuff that makes life great.

I loved Heidi's analogy of marriage as the "wonder twins" from my cartoon days as a kid and needed the reminder that the MainMost and I can activate our powers and function as a team only when we are in reach of one another emotionally and physically.  There's power in connected parents.  And connected families that nurture their relationships with one another.  Keeping my finger on the pulse of my family is very important to me and I am striving to keep GOD's perspective on all that we do.

Through real-life examples, Scripture, prayer, and suggestions, Heidi makes every page of The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Daylight resonate with me.  Shared schedules, organizational challenges, and clutter-busting tips are just the icing on the cake.  This book is a gem that delights as it changes you from the inside out.  A how-to guide that helps you be intentional about every second of every day of your life, I can't recommend this one enough.  Really.  GO BUY A COPY OF THIS BOOK.

And make sure to check out the Social Media pages for Heidi St. John and The Busy Mom.  There's a wealth of great information, support, and  encouragement available for moms and families on:


Now I'm off to read my copy of the book again.  Have you bought your copy yet?  Let's do this part of life's journey together.  Go on . . . Get the book.  I'll wait to discuss it with you.  :)


Crew Disclaimer

I was given the opportunity to review The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Daylight as a member of the Schoolhouse ReviewCrew.   You can check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the Schoolhouse ReviewCrew thought of this and other products as well (or just click on the banner below.)

Real Life Press Review
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!