Saturday, January 31, 2015

Motivate Your Child {Book Review} #heartparenting

"Parenting is the process of giving children the tools to navigate life."  I'm pretty sure if we're honest, we can all use a bit of parenting advice.  We all want to make sure that our children have the very best tools to navigate the road ahead of them.  Over the years I've read a little bit of everything that might help me do a better job training the hearts of my children.  My children are 20, 19, 15, and 13 and I STILL need help learning how to be a better parent.  I want to be all that GOD has called me to be, yet I fail daily.  For over 20 years I've been reading and studying and praying for the very ones GOD shared with me.  We've made sure that our children are in church, we've prayed with them and for them, and we've studied GOD's Word together.  This parenting thing is hard work and I, for one, am always appreciative of help.  Even more than hard work, parenting is HEART work.  Our children need us to help guide their hearts -- it is our privilege and our callling.


I shared with you earlier this month that I was reading a new book called Motivate Your Child: A Christian Parent's Guide to Raising Kids Who Do What They Need to Do Without Being Told and honestly, this book has hands-on parenting advice that I've never read before anywhere else.  Like you, I want my kids to JOYFULLY do what is expected of them without being told, but even more, I want my kids to love JESUS unconditionally and to make wise choices based on that love for HIM.

Reading through the pages of Motivate Your Child  is like sitting down to good conversation with friends around the dinner table. Authors Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller walk you through an action plan to nurture HOPE in your family.  They remind us that our home is a center of discipleship for ALL in the family.  Moms and Dads need HOPE and GRACE just as much as children.

"When parents deliberately work on spiritual and moral development, their kids accumulate new resources in their hearts." I am amazed at the encouragement I am receiving as I read and study Motivate Your Child and I recommend that all parents begin pouring over its pages and take part in The Family Challenge presented.  I truly believe that parents can save themselves from some of the teenage angst and attitude if they apply the principles taught at an early age.  Children need to value correction, face discipline, and learn to HONOR their parents as they prepare to face the many challenges of life.   "The heart contains a child's operating principles" and parents are commanded to help direct the hearts of their children.  We all want to have happy, well-adjusted, well-mannered children but oftentimes we are afraid to set the very boundaries they need.  Motivate Your Child teaches you how to reach the heart of your children in an effort to curb bad behavior.

I appreciate the reminder and relish the opportunity to mold my children after GOD's heart.  The greatest gift we can give our children is strong moral and spiritual development.  Motivate Your Child shows parents how to build strong relationships with their children by following GOD's Word.  These real-life solutions are important for all families.  Pick up your copy today and begin making a difference in your family.

For more information or to get your very own copy of this great parenting resource, you can connect with Motivate Your Child and the National Center for Biblical Parenting through the following social media outlets:







Disclaimer

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. This would make a GREAT present to give to new parents....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!