Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Whose Job is It?


The Boy Scout asked me what we were having for lunch today . . . not too long after we finished breakfast.  I jokingly told him I wasn't cooking lunch since I had cooked breakfast and he quickly informed me (with a smile in his voice) that it was MY JOB to cook lunch as the mother of the family--cooking being WOMAN's work and all.

Now, mind you, I cook LOTS of meals for my family--and I LOVE doing so--BUT, I'm also raising responsible citizens who can cook, clean, AND wash clothes.  (Some day his wife will thank me.)  There just so happens to be plenty of options for easy lunches around here right now and his flippant remark that it was the woman's job made me dig my heels in.

Our lunch of chicken pasta was DELICIOUS . . . and thoughtfully prepared by my son.  It's all in a day's work, you know.  That boy -- he is a'learning.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!