Saturday, February 1, 2014

Soup & Bread? Why, yes! Thank You!

I have two new recipes to share with you for the weekend -- combining all of my favorite things.  The crockpot sure does make my life easier.  Both the soup and bread are easy to make and good to eat. My friend, Beth, shared the soup recipe and my cousin, Rebecca, shared the bread recipe.  I'm so thankful for both of them.  I'm blessed to have them in my life.  I hope you enjoy.  


Easy Crockpot Potato Soup

1 cup chopped onion 
1 bag (28oz) frozen O'Brien Potatoes 
1 pkg country gravy mix
6 cups chicken broth

Saute onions.  Combine all ingredients; cook until tender (6 hours in the crockpot.).  Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.   This soup will seem thin but it thickens up as it cools.  We topped ours with shredded sharp cheddar cheese. 


Cousin Bread

1 Tablespoon yeast
3 cups lukewarm water
1 packet sugar

Bloom yeast 10-15 minutes.

Add:
6 1/2 cups bread flour 
2 Tablespoons salt 
1 teaspoon baking powder. 

Knead all together. I split the dough in half and baked one plain loaf in iron skillet, added cheese and garlic powder to other half and baked in another iron skillet.  350 degrees for 30 minutes. You can also bake the loaf in your crockpot. 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!