Wednesday, January 8, 2014

ORDER: My Word for 2014

For the first time ever, I chose a Word of the Year in 2013.  My word was JOY and I was continually amazed as GOD showered me with JOY throughout the year.  It was neat to focus on all things JOY and to anticipate all things JOYful falling into my path.

I spent some time thinking about what WORD I might embrace for 2014.  I thought about the word THINK and that it would remind me to just stop and take a breath and contemplate what GOD had for me.  I thought about the word ORGANIZE and knew that it would be a good way to enter a new year of anticipation.  To ORGANIZE my life and my prayers and my studies would really bring calm to my world.  I thought about the word PEACE and seeking the PEACE that passes all understanding in all that I do and all that I am.  I like all of these words and knew that any of them would be a good way to focus in the year to come.

But none of them were "just right."  They were all good words and I knew that any of them would be a positive focus for my heart this year, but they just weren't perfect.  You know what I mean?

I continued to think on these things and pray about where GOD would lead me this year and the word ORDER came to mind.  ORDER just seems to bring all of these other words together:  think + organize + peace = ORDER.  I need GOD to order my thoughts and steps.

I am reminded to "Let all things be done decently and in ORDER" because our "GOD is not a GOD of chaos (disorder) but a GOD of Peace."  [1 Corinthians 14:40 & 1 Corinthians 14:33]



Because This YEAR Has Great Potential . . .

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!