Saturday, September 1, 2012

What's Cooking?

I realize that I've been posting lots of recipes and sharing what we are eating.  Now mind you, EAT is not all that we do.  BUT, I'm saving recipes here on my blog for future reference.  I hope you don't mind.

Here's what's cooking today:

My Easy Bread Loaf is baking away in the Bread Machine
Forgotten Beef just went into the oven.  I'll add potatoes to it in an hour or so.
I'm about to add rice to the rice cooker.  I can't decide if we'll have the purple or the white today.
Crowder Peas are soaking.

Sounds good to me.  I sure hope the family agrees.

The Forgotten Beef is a recipe I'm making up as I go along.  We'll have to let you know how it tastes.

Forgotten Beef

2 lbs. stew meat
1 package onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can water

Add all ingredients to Dutch oven (or casserole dish with a lid).  Cook for 3 - 4 hours at 300 degrees.  I'll be adding a layer of thinly sliced potatoes to the top.  If I have my way, this will be delicious.  :)


EDITED to say:  It WAS delicious.  And we went with the white rice instead of the purple.  This recipe is definitely a KEEPER for SURE.  It fed all four of my kids plus the boyfriends and another friend who had stopped by for a visit.  There were absolutely NO complaints and the MainMost has asked for it again soon.  The meat was fork tender and the seasoning was perfecto.  We LOVED it and will definitely be adding it to the menu rotation.  Yummy -- Enjoy.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!