Monday, July 30, 2012

He Called It Goodness

I found another recipe to try for our dinner tonight. They called it Forgotten Chicken -- the MainMost called it goodness. It was delightfully simple and totally delicious. Definitely a must-make-again recipe.

My only regret is that I didn't take a picture to share with you here. We just ate it up too quickly.

Try it -- we know you'll like it!

Never Want to Forget Chicken

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
One can cream of chicken
One can cream of celery
One can of water
2 cups minute rice
Pepper to taste
One package onion soup mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 9 x 13 dish. Mix rice, soups and water. Pour into prepared dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Place chicken over rice mixture. Sprinkle onion soup mix over chicken. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and place in oven. Forget about it.

I let mine cook for 1 1/2 hours. It was perfect. You can also bake on 250 degrees for 3 hours or so (perfect on Sunday while you're at church) or throw in crockpot on high all day.

I served this goodness with cornbread and a salad. Yummy! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!