Monday, April 4, 2011

GoGo Kabongo -- Online Reading Game Fun

Photobucket
Photobucket



Meet Karl!  Cute little creature, isn't he?  The Princess has recently been "playing" a new online reading game called GoGo Kabongo and sweet-tempered Karl is her favorite friend.  Ever since we were introduced to the world of Kabongo, she's asked to start every school day on the computer.  It's become her very favorite "subject."

GoGo Kabongo was designed with children ages 4-7 in mind, but my dear 9-year-old awards it with her TOP PICK AWARD for this school year.  She loves hanging out on Laughter Lake, Twister Top and Galaxy Gardens -- the three habitats that make up GoGo Kabongo.  She enjoys the brain-boosting games played in each habitat (different worlds with different type games) -- and I love that while she thinks she's just playing games I KNOW that she's really building great habits and skills necessary to take her reading level even further.
Photobucket
A cognitive approach to reading, GoGo Kabongo helps students develop the skills necessary to turn them into real readers by guiding them through problem-solving and critical thinking.  Playing the different games in each of the GoGo Kabongo habitats, students work on the following skills:



  • Attention and Focus

  • Verbal Rehearsal

  • Working Memory (short-term memory)

  • Visual Scanning

  • Phonics

  • Spatial Awareness

  • Successive Processing -- decoding words and sentences

  • Simultaneous Processing -- culling important information when reading

  • Visualization

  • Planning and

  • Comprehension



Not only do I like knowing that the Princess' skills are being reinforced daily, I also like that I get an emailed report that keeps me informed about her progress.  As she works through the habitats, I get an up-to-date email that lets me know exactly what she's been working on and what her skill level improvement has been.  The Parent Pages even offer printable mazes, dot-to-dots, coloring sheets and craft projects that I can use to further solidify the concepts the Princess has been studying AND offers articles on Reading and Cognitive Development to help me help her.

One of the best parts about GoGo Kabongo is you can sign up to play TWO HABITATS for FREE right now!  This is a $10  value that is being offered for a limited time.   You can give your children access to the third habitat for fun learning for only $4.95.   Make sure to check out the LEARNING SKILLS CHART and see what all GoGo Kabongo can offer your family.  Jump into the world of Kabongo and enjoy the fun!  We think you'll be quite please with what you find.

~~I was given the opportunity to use and review the GoGo Kabongo Online Reading Game Website as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew.  The opinions stated are mine and mine alone.  I was not paid to share my thoughts and feelings with you.  I encourage you to check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the TOS Homeschool Crew thought of  GoGo Kabongo HERE .~~
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice write up! You do such a fine job, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!