Friday, January 28, 2011

Ten Stars for TenMarks



"Hey, Mom, can I do more MATH?"

Okay, you got me!  No matter WHO you are or WHAT your educational leanings are, hearing your 11-year-old son ask to do more math HAS got to be music to your ears! And that is EXACTLY the song  I heard last week!

TenMarks is an online math program personalized to fit the needs of YOUR child.  It can be used as a math supplement or as a stand-alone math curriculum.  I've been using it with my both my 9-year-old and my 11- year-old and we love it.  For each math concept studied, there is a 10-question worksheet.  For each question on the worksheet, there are three hints available and numerous videos.   You can use some of the hints and videos or none of the hints and videos.  At the end of each worksheet, your child finds out how many they got correct--and is given one chance to correct anything missed.  My children have tried very HARD to get a perfect score of "10 Marks" on each page but when they don't, there is a "do-over" worksheet generated to make sure they thoroughly understand the studied concepts.

We've found that TenMarks is just enough math each week (4 worksheets) to learn the concepts given, but not so much math that my children get bored or tired of doing it.   There are also two separate reward systems built into the program that have worked WONDERS to keep the McBlessings focused.

In the first reward system, students unlock games after completing a predetermined number of worksheets.  The games are fun AND educational.  My son described them to me this way: They are thinking games.  You have to think ahead about what you are going to do to win and figure out how to logically make stuff happen. I am thrilled that he is learning deductive reasoning and having a great time doing so.

The second reward system is designed by ME and tailored to the individual personalities of my children.  I decide how many worksheets I want them to complete successfully and what "reward" they earn upon completion.  For my sweet daughter, there was a special time of "cake-baking with Mommy" after just 3 worksheets.  For my son, there was a trip to "Sonic for ice cream with Mom" after 6 worksheets.  We all enjoyed spending a little extra quality time together out of the norm--and having math to thank for it was even better!

TenMarks offers a very simple set up so those who aren't technologically-inclined have nothing to worry about.  They also offer EXCELLENT customer service and are dedicated to helping you help your children learn.   After signing up, you simply log in and let the fun learning begin.    You can set up a personal assessment for each child and let TenMarks customize the curriculum that best meets their math needs.  Designed for students in 3rd-10th grades, TenMarks offers more than 100 core skills per grade level and adheres to state standards and would be great for students in higher grades/college to use as a refresher course.  Even more impressive than that, TenMarks has my children asking for MORE MATH TIME and that's enough for me!

You can see a great PREVIEW VIDEO HERE and you can even sign up for a FREE TRIAL here.  After you've enjoyed your free trial, you can sign your child up for only $10 per month here with a MONEY-BACK Guarantee.  There are family discounts offered as well as multi-month discounts, too.  TenMarks really IS building stronger foundations . . . one click at a time.






~~I was given the opportunity to use and review TenMarks as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew.  The opinions stated are mine and mine alone.  I was not paid to share my thoughts and feelings with you. You can check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the TOS Homeschool Crew thought of TenMarks HERE .~~ Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Well, it IS a little hard to believe- a child asking for MORE math. Sounds interesting though- give me a call and let's talk. I want to hear more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!