Friday, November 5, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 20--Nicknames

My very favorite nickname was bestowed upon me by my sweet MainMost.  He began calling me his "Lovely Bride" or LB several years ago and it makes my heart swell whenever I hear him say it.  We've been married almost 20 years and have seen our share of storms.  To still be seen as "lovely," after all this time (and four children)--by the one person I love most in all of this world-- is an honor.

The other nickname I recall was given to me by my grandfather--whom we called "Poppa Man."  He never called any of us by our given names but by a nickname instead.   I was dubbed Punkin and would give anything to hear him say it again.

My heart flutters to hear the MainMost call me his Lovely Bride.  Nicknames have a way of making us feel loved and special.

I am blessed to have had two special names, but even more blessed to have a FATHER who knows my name!

I have a MAKER
HE formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in HIS HANDS


I have a FATHER
HE calls me HIS own
HE'll never leave me
No matter where I go


HE knows my name
HE knows my every thought
HE sees each tear that falls
And HE hears me when I call
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!