Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mindful of Missions

There are packed suitcases, duffel bags, pillows and laundry bags all over my living room.  My even numbered daughters leave for GA and Acteens Camp in the morning.  I know without a doubt that GOD begins speaking and preparing the hearts of children at a very early age.  I see HIS hand all over their lives even now!  It's been wonderful to watch HIM prepare my children for a life wrapped all in HIM.

My oldest is 16 and my husband and I took her to Guatemala last year on a mission trip.  She went kicking and screaming (not literally, but you get the idea) and for the first three days was counting down the days until we came home.  BUT, by day 4 she was wanting to stay and began counting the days until we could go BACK to Guatemala.
Over Spring Break this year, she went to Matamoros, Mexico with the High School and College Ministry with our church--during the time they closed the border.  My last communication with her that week was as they crossed the border into Mexico.  MANY prayers later, as they crossed the border back into America, I received the following text from her "I've come to realize that missions is one of the few things that make me truly happy."

We leave on Thursday to return to Guatemala for 10 days--and we can't wait to return to the country that literally stole our hearts last year!  As soon as I get home from delivering the even-numbered children to camp tomorrow, the oldest and I will start filling up more suitcases and duffel bags for our trip.

A few weeks ago, she served as a Student Leader for Middle School Camp with StudentLife.  She signed up then to go to SOUTH AFRICA on mission trip NEXT summer!  GOD is definitely at work in her life and I feel incredibly privileged to be watching her journey of obedience.

HE is simply amazing!  Such an AWESOME GOD we serve! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your mission trip when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...]   My daughter truly has a heart to serve GOD and you may recall reading in my blog post Mindful of Missions that when she came crossed the border to come home from Matamoros her first text to me was: [...]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!