Thursday, August 16, 2018

Homeschool Review: GOD Schooling (Julie Polanco Books) #hsreviews #GodSchooling #ChristianUnschooling #RelaxedHomeschooling


I've been a homeschooling momma for 19 years.  Over the course of my homeschooling years, I've read tons of books about the many different ways that homeschooling can be successfully done.  I enjoy reading about how others make home education work for them and I like finding new ideas to implement at my house.  I love that we have the privilege to educate our children at home -- and that we can use a mixture of things to make it a good experience for each of our families.  As we began our final Senior year, I have spent some time reflecting on the past few years and wondering if we have done enough preparation to send our "baby" off into the world.  You know, sometimes a momma just needs a bit of encouragment and I have found just that in the book GOD Schooling:  How GOD Intended Children to Learn by Julie Polanco.  I especially like it when moms can stand shoulder to shoulder and offer hope to one another.  Isn't that what we are called to do?

I daresay that none of our homes look exactly alike and none of homeschooling is exactly the same, but I do believe that we all want the very best for our children.  I was highly encouraged to read Julie's heart as she shared her journey to be more obedient to GOD's plan for her family.  She grabbed hold of my heartstrings in the very first chapter when she said that GOD led her "on a journey to re-examine my goals, my relationships, everything."  Y'all, these words resonated deeply within me and I couldn't wait to join her on the journey to joy and peace.  Even though I've graduated three, I can't help but worry "am I doing this right?".  I needed the reminder that in the end these are HIS children and HE has designed a special plan just for them.  GOD doesn't need me to prepare them for HIS plan, but HE's been so gracious to allow me to be their mom and walk this walk alongside them.  What a balm to this mom's soul to read this:

Doesn't HE prepare you to do HIS Will in the most miraculous, mind-boggling ways that have very little to do with your own efforts?  Do you think that the CREATOR of the Universe would leave your child's future, HIS future, entirely in your hands?


GOD Schooling:  How GOD Intended Children to Learn is a 163-page, 9-chapter book that begins with what the Bible says about homeschooling and walks with you through the developmental stages of childhood sharing tips and and ideas for how to help your children learn along the way.  At the end of each chapter, there are study questions to answer and ponder and pray over and discuss.  There is such insight in these chapters for parents as we seek to turn our children's hearts toward Heaven.  What I like most of all is that Julie promotes relationship above all else -- both your relationship with JESUS and your relationship with your children.  She reminds us to PRAY fervently, to play with our children, and to value our time with them.  This idea of education through relationship is making all the difference in the world in my home right now.  My daughter and I have had the absolute BEST few weeks as we talk and learn together.  It has sent a breath of fresh air through our household as our relationship transforms.

As a homeschooling mom of four, Julie writes from the trenches.  She has walked the walk.  I appreciate her insight into high school transcripts and graduation celebrations and am using several of her tips as I work through this Senior year.  I want my girl to be passionate about what she's studying and what she's learning.  I appreciate Julie's relaxed homeschooling style and wish that I had been able to read this book way back at the beginning of my homeschooling journey.  She has changed the way that I look at so many things already and has helped to calm my fear and worry.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that GOD called me to homeschool my children.  I have often let the whispers of the world make me question our journey.  GOD Schooling:  How GOD Intended Children to Learn reminds me that I'm not on this path alone.


Julie Polanco Books

You can find out more about Julie Polanco's books by visiting the following Social Media sites:


You can receive a preview of GOD Schooling:  How GOD Intended Children to Learn right now when you visit the website and subscribe to the monthly newsletter.  How cool is that?  The e-book is currently on sale (1/2 price!) through August 22.  Check it out!

I was given the opportunity to review GOD Schooling:  How GOD Intended Children to Learn from Julie Polanco as a member of the Homeschool Review Crew.   You can check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the Homeschool Review Crew thought of this topic pack and how they used it (or just click on the banner below).  

God Schooling: How God Intended Children to Learn {Julie Polanco Reviews}


Crew Disclaimer

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!