Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Homeschool Review: Princess Cut (Watchman Pictures) #hsreviews ##PrincessCut #romanticdrama #Christianfilm #awardwinning


I like a movie that touches my heart and makes me smile and Princess Cut by Watchman Pictures did not disappoint.  I keep waiting for Spring to officially arrive and stay, but it keeps tricking us.  A few weeks ago, I found myself inside on a cold, gloomy Saturday with a pile mountain of laundry on the couch.  I don't know about you, but I consider loads of clean laundry and some time on a Saturday afternoon to be a great combination.  The very best way that I can think of to tackle a huge mountain like that is to pop a movie in the DVD player and get to folding.

Now, I enjoy watching a good movie, but what I consider a really good movie doesn't always line up with the opinions of others.  I'm all about a little drama, but I prefer a happy ending.  I also don't want to watch anything with language or situations that make me cringe.  There's a weird feeling I get in my spirit when I happen upon those things, so I'm always on the lookout for movies to watch that bring glory and honor to GOD.  I like a little romance as much as the next girl, but I especially like it when the romantic situations point out the beauty of GOD's plan and design for love.  These are the movies that I want to see and to share with my children.  I want to fill my life with the things of the WORD and not the things of the world.  Princess Cut meets all of these expectations -- and more.

Princess Cut tells the story of a farm girl named Grace who (like many 20-something year-old young ladies) dreams of the day she will have a beautiful diamond ring slipped on her finger by her knight in shining armor.  As so often is the case, unfortunately for Grace, her original knight wears tarnished armor.  Her bitter disappointment leads her looking for love when all along GOD had the perfect love waiting patiently nearby.  With parents who support her and gently remind her of the perfect love of the FATHER, Grace learns to wait for happiness to seek her out.  The beauty of Princess Cut is that the story of GOD's redemptive love is woven throughout.  There is drama and intrigue, romance and love -- but there is absolutely nothing that a family can't sit down and watch together.  That's what makes this film a winner for my family.

Princess Cut The Movie


When I first turned the DVD on my children (ages 16, 18, 23) were scattered about -- within listening range -- but were not watching the movie beside me because, you remember, I was folding clothes. I knew they were actually listening, though, when one daughter asked, "Is this some kind of feel-good channel movie that you are watching?"  I told her no and kept right on folding.  A few minutes later, she asked, "Hey, wait -- is this a faith-based film?"  I simply smiled, kept on folding, and watched as they kids migrated to the living room to see what happened to Grace.  In the end, we were all delighted to be reminded of just how much love the FATHER has for us all.  Princess Cut is a well-done, heartfelt movie and we recommend that you watch it, too.  There's enough action to keep even teenage boys interested and enough romance to keep a 16-year-old girl smiling.  It has a little bit of everything needed to entertain a family.

Watchman Pictures

For more information about Princess Cut and other Christian films from Watchman Pictures, please visit the following Social Media sites:


I am a fan of family-friendly movies and feel like I can trust Watchman Pictures with the hearts and minds of those I love the most.  I would love for you to read more about Watchman Pictures and see the heart behind their ministry.  Their mission is to provide "good stories well told, that communicate powerful ideas based on Truth, that entertains and edifies the viewer."  Y'all, this is a company that we want to support.  PLEASE check them out.





I was given the opportunity to review a Princess Cut from Watchman Pictures as a member of the Homeschool Review Crew.   Make sure that you visit the  Crew Review to see what othe members of the Crew thought of it, too.  You can click on the picture below to jump right over there.  

Princess Cut {Watchman Pictures Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!