Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Currently {May 2017}

This is a month of celebration for our family.  We celebrate 3 birthdays and a Graduation.  There's a holdover Sweet 16 and we celebrated a Gold Award Ceremony on Sunday.  Life is full and we are blessed.  How often I forget.

Here's a look at what is currently on my mind . . .




Baking:  I'm not a big baker, but I do have a friend baking me a cake.  I'll take that!  I DID try out the "million dollar chicken" recipe that I saw on Facebook Monday and it was definitely a hit at my house.

Listening:  to the pitter-patter of rain falling outside and the gentle strands of music floating through the house as my 16-year-old practices piano while I anxiously await the sounds of my eldest daughter's vehicle coming down the driveway.  

Loving:  that I can celebrate life this week with my family.  So many good things to enjoy.  I've got to remember to take time to be "in the moment."  Saturday afternoon will find all of my children together again.  It's been way too long since I had all four kids AND the sons-in-law under the same roof at the same time.  I can't wait to celebrate alongside of them.

Planting:  GRACE and HOPE and watching it grow.

Remembering:  the days of little kids and great-grandparents and vacations and silly girls and crazy costumes and fire trucks and hugs and kisses and fun and laughter as I go through boxes of pictures to find just the right ones to include in my son's graduation video.  It's bittersweet.  This life is a vapor and when we are walking the day-to-day we often don't see the forest for the trees.  I can't even grasp where the time went.  Hold on tight, moms.  Hold on tight.


currently, this month has great potential.




I linking up with Anne and Nancy to share what is currently going on in the world around me.  Join us?  Check back in on June 7 when we'll be sharing what we're currently planning, wishing, learning, browsing, and going.
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I prefer having things baked *for* me, too! I hope it tastes delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it sounds like you'll be having a great month! That's always a nice feeling! I LOVE listening to the rain too by the way.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great month to celebrate! I love having the whole family together. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love listening to my kids practicing piano as well! I love spending quality time with the family. It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful things going on to celebrate! Enjoy! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is bittersweet looking back. I've been doing a lot of that this week. Yes, hold tight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!