Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Schoolhouse Review: Faith Builders Bible #hsreviews #FaithBuilding #Bible


Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}

Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}I enjoy reviewing and I especially enjoy sharing things with you that I think will be beneficial to both your family's home education journey and your family's spiritual journey.  I was recently given the opportunity to review the new Faith Builders Bible by Zonderkidz and I like it -- a lot.  I am a firm believer that each person should have their very own copy of GOD's Word -- one that they can easily understand and utilize, one that they want to read and study, one that they can treasure and hold onto for each season of life.  I believe that we should all be students of GOD's Word -- no matter our age -- and I have purposed through the years to make sure that each of my children has a Bible that they are comfortable with as they grow.  I want them to mark them up and wear them out.  I want them to open them up and pour over GOD's promises for themselves.  I want HIM to speak to their hearts in such a way that they KNOW what they KNOW and BELIEVE what HE says.  

Not only do I want my children to have a Bible, but I want them to have a Bible that is age appropriate and relevant.  I want them to be passionate about knowing GOD's Word and diligent about hiding it deep in their hearts.  One of the ways that we encourage this inclination at our house is to make sure that each person is equipped with a Bible that makes sense to them.  I think that it is important to make different Bibles in a multitude of translations available for study and discipleship.  This began with children's story Bibles when they were tiny tots and "big kid" study Bibles as they grew.  I try to make sure that their Bibles are applicable to their life at whatever stage they are in.  Now I realize that the Bible is always applicable to all of our lives, but the way it is presented is important.  I know that if you like the packaging of your Bible you will be more apt to spend time reading and studying your Bible.

With that said, I was really excited to share the new Faith Builders Bible with my "growing up" kids as well as with the children at church.  You see, we are brick builders.  There have always been building bricks of some kind around our home.  My children all served as part of a FLL (FIRST LEGO League) robotics team and my youngest two are currently involved with the Blue Crew, Too FTC (FIRST Tech Challenge) robotics team.  They help build competition robots.  In the early days, the robots were entirely made of LEGO building bricks, but now they are made of high density foam, servo motors, screws, wheels, drawer pulls, and duct tape -- with a few LEGO bricks thrown in for good measure.  You really never outgrow building bricks.

As Preschool and Children's Minister at my church, I am very careful what I share with children and families, but it has been my privilege to review several titles by Zonderkidz lately.  I believe in this company and agree with their mission and their ministries.  Written on a third grade reading level,the New International Reader's Version (NIrV) is an accurate Biblical translation that can be understood and comprehended by all who read it.  A hardback, sturdy Bible that fits perfectly into small hands, the Faith Builders Bible has been quite a hit with everyone I've shared it.  This is really no surprise.  Who wouldn't like an easy-to-read and easy-to-understand version of GOD's Word with creative suggestions to make stories and faith concepts really stick?

Plus, what's more fun than dumping a bin of building bricks and turning kids loose after reading a story straight from the Bible?  We did just that at Kid's Night Out last month.  After sharing about GOD's perfect plan for Noah and his building of the Ark, I asked the children to re-create the story however they wanted.  Small groups quickly formed as boys went to work on the "big boat" and girls started making animals.  Granted, our building bricks were a conglomeration of pieces and parts that have been donated to us, but the children didn't let that stop them.  They were quick to cooperate with one another to find horses and small figures to represent Noah and his wife.  Then, they were happy to use what we had on hand to fashion giraffes, elephants, pigs, sheep, and lions.  Do you see all of their nice work below?  I love that children are encouraged to be creative as they build on the foundation found in GOD's Word.


The Faith Builders Bible will help get your children excited about GOD's Word.  With full-color illustrations for individual Bible stories and the absolute coolest way to help teach the divisions of the Old and New Testament, you really can't go wrong with this Bible.  I plan to use mine for many years with the children at church -- and we are buying a few new brick building sets to use specifically with it each week in Children's Worship.

Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}






















I like to see children excited for more of GOD.  Don't you?  I'm willing to do what it takes to keep them excited for life.  For even more information about this Bible and the other wonderful resources offered by Zonderkidz, make sure to visit the following Social Media sites:





Crew Disclaimer

I was given the opportunity to review the new Faith Builders Bible by Zonderkidz as a member of the Schoolhouse ReviewCrew.   You can check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the Schoolhouse ReviewCrew thought of this and other products as well (or just click on the banner below.)

Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!