Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Stark Reality {almost wordless Wednesday} #womensforum2015


I attended the Women's Forum 2015 last week in Nashville, TN with 995 other women in ministry.  It was an amazing time to sit under some wonderfully-inspired Bible teachers and praise and worship and pray.  In the weeks to come, I'll be blogging about the entire Forum and what GOD spoke to me and over me during it, but today I thought I'd share a totally different side of it.  The food.

Yes, you read that correctly.  I want to share food -- more specifically, I thought I'd share MY food with you.  

You see, the MainMost travels more than I do and he often gets to eat some really good food.  He has been taking pictures and sharing them on Facebook for as long as I can remember.  His pictures of pure yum often make me green with envy since I'm usually home doing the ramen noodle/peanut butter/leftover thing with the kids for lunch when he's posting his latest culinary adventure.  The tables were turned last week, so we both laughed as I shared the delicious creations I was getting to taste while he was home having dry cereal.

I'm talking, I had some GOOD STUFF.  It started with Jerusalem Chicken and fixings upon arrival Wednesday night:


 And then there was this Pig Pocket with spicy red slaw for lunch Thursday:



There was a cupcake party Friday morning:



And of course, my favorite Chick-fil-a for lunch:


Supper Friday night was some of the finest barbeque and fixings that I've ever had the pleasure of putting in my mouth:


And we had a tea party during our session Friday night.  Chai Tea in Turkish tea cups -- how fun is that?


On our way home, my dear friend and I even did a run through for a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, because we needed an extra boost to make the 9-hour drive.


I'm telling you, the food at Forum was GOOD -- and they treated us to big cookies and granola bars and fruit and cold water between sessions.  There was an abundance of deliciousness as they ministered to us and took care of us.  And I am thankful.  Oh, so thankful.  It was nice to be loved on and cared for and breathed into.

Isn't always great to know you are loved?

And then there was this . . .



Right in the foyer of the church where we met.
Bags of food being collected for families in need.

What a stark reminder of the hurt that is all around us.

I have a friend who will be travelling to Ghana in the next week.  She'll be taking rice because the children in the village requested it for Christmas.  Can you even comprehend that?  Rice for Christmas . . .  the very thing that I serve as a simple side dish "filler" to my family is a delicacy for others.  As she so eloquently stated:  Rice for Christmas - really made me think about the things I take for granted.  

Yes, this is a world full of hurt.

But I know there is ONE who can ease all hurt.  There is ONE who feeds the hungry.  There is ONE who gives HOPE to the hopeless.  There is ONE.  Praise GOD, there is ONE.  And HE allows me to walk alongside HIM and be HIS hands and feet to the world -- this world.  

HE came so that we might

GO
and DO
and HELP
and LOVE
In HIS name.  Because our life is full of abundance (just look at my pictures again, if you don't believe me) and there are others who need HIS touch.

For today, let's be that TOUCH.




I'm linking up today with my friends, Wendy (over at Life at Rossmont) and Karen (over at Tots and Me).  Check out the link up for more "Wordless Wednesday" posts.

Wordless Wednesday at Life at Rossmont

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!