Saturday, August 29, 2015

Chasing Katrina

Ten years ago Katrina came roaring in like a rabid lion.  Today there's not a cloud in the sky.  She wreaked havoc on much of this part of the country and in places healing is still underway.  Many things changed in the aftermath of that storm.  Trust dissipated, hearts were shattered, the world as we knew it disappeared.  The one constant is that HIS love never failed, it never gave up, it never ran out on us.  And we learned to praise HIM in the storm.

I am still a believer in the promise that the rainbow bestows.  Every single storm brings one out.  I will never quit chasing them.

Today the sky is blue, the wind is calm, the trees of life are standing.  I choose this peace.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Ten years ago...invokes tears. So many friends have been sharing pictures and memories this week, only a little easier to look back on than to live through. 10 years ago my husband bought a generator right before our electricity ended up being off for over 3 weeks. I remember questioning if that purchase was really necessary. My dad stayed with us, some of those memories make me laugh now. Homes and lives were lost. Ten years later, Katrina mostly means sadness. Peace, yes, our lives are more peaceful now, but with some huge holes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!