Monday, January 5, 2015

Chicken and Potatoes {crockpot cooking}


Pure Deliciousness
There's a new recipe cooking in my crockpot.  I love trying new ideas and sharing them with you, but I always forget to take pictures as I go.  I see all these foodie blogs and they have such gorgeous pictures of ingredients before, during, and after.

So, I snapped this one with the little teaser chicken peeking out:

Chicken, Potatoes, Carrots, oh, my!

And I promise to try and remember to take one of the finished product before we devour it at supper.

In the meantime, here's what's cooking:

Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes (and Carrots, too)


I sprayed the crockpot with Non-Stick Canola Spray and layered 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts {frozen, because that's how I roll} on the bottom.  

Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.

Okay, now, I'm cooking like my grandmother -- no measurements:
I added a handful of chopped onion and a handful or two {who's counting?} of chopped celery.  {I keep these both chopped up in my freezer in ziploc bags. It's just easy.}

On top of the chicken/onion/celery combo, I added 6 peeled and cubed russet potatoes and a handful of baby carrots for color and flavor.  {gotta love these "handful" measurements, huh?}

I seasoned all of that with salt and white pepper {'cause the MainMost says potatoes love white pepper} and poured some chicken broth in the crockpot for good measure.  I covered the potatoes in the broth so they didn't turn brown while cooking.

The crockpot is cooking on High and we should have yummy chicken and potatoes ready for supper. Both the Eagle Scout and the Princess have lifted the lid to check it out and we all think it should be pretty tasty on this chilly January day.

I'll let you know when I come back and add the picture of my supper plate.  I'm pretty excited because supper is cooking and I won't have to stress this afternoon. Love my crockpot.

{Edited to add pictures and let you know we added a can of cream of chicken soup after a couple of hours of cooking so that there would be a rich gravy.  Oh, my, how YUMMY.}

Here's my plate BEFORE I made it to the table.

Folks, we have a winner:
THIS is what was left for the last serving.  

This recipe is a keeper.  I just wish there had been leftovers for tomorrow.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I just love my crockpot. Such a lifesaver! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2015/01/try-new-recipe-tuesday-january-13.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!