Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hawaiian Chicken = Summer Goodness

Summer Goodness
I'm trying a new recipe tonight in honor of hot summer days.  Straight from the crockpot comes Hawaiian Chicken that we'll be serving over rice.

Hawaiian Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (29 ounces) Mandarin Oranges, drained
1 can (20 ounces) Pineapple Chunks, drained
4 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
4 Tablespoons corn starch or self-rising flour
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Place chicken breasts in crockpot.  Combine all other ingredients and mix well.  Pour over chicken breasts and stir.  Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours (depending on how fast your crockpot cooks).  Serve over rice.  (We used the rice cooker and made it a little "sticky" for this meal.)

Here's how it looked before I pushed start:

In the Crockpot, ready to cook

I am serving with a fresh loaf of crusty bread.  We thought coleslaw would make a nice side, too.  It was a successful meal.  I recommend that you try it.




I'm linking up with my friend Lisa over at Home to 4 Kiddos.  Stop by and check and grab a new recipe to try at your house.  Yum . . . Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!