Wednesday, February 26, 2014

And the Last Lily Opens


The Last Valentine's Lily

There was a time in my life that I hated flowers.  It really wasn't the fault of the flowers, but what they meant when they arrived.  They represented failure to me.  And failure is tough for a girl with a performance-driven personality.  When you define your self-worth in the happiness of others, you will never truly know happiness.  That's a tough lesson -- one I still struggle to remember today.

Fast forward 25 years and flowers have a new meaning in my life.  They represent love, and care, and grace.  Every time I walk into my dining room, I smile to see the beauty that awaits me.  The Valentine's Day surprise has reminded me of special moments and future memories.  It's been a joy to watch each day as new beauty unfolds.  

But today the very last lily has opened up.  The arrangement will soon have to be disposed of -- but the happiness it has brought will remain. 

I am reminded that I AM wonderfully cared for . . . 
And my faith is growing.


And if GOD cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, HE will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?  Matthew 6:30 Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!