Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pumpkin!

I'm definitely on a roll.  This new pumpkin recipe I found is super yummy and easy to stir up for my family.  The original recipe called it muffins, but we've made it as a loaf and as pumpkin bars.  Same delicious flavor, same moist texture.  And same empty pan by mid-morning.

Here's what it looked like this morning baked as pumpkin bars with brown sugar sprinkled over the top:


And here's the recipe I'm using (tweaked for my family & usually doubled):

2 eggs, whisked together until pale yellow
1 cup pumpkin (I processed my pumpkin last fall by placing WHOLE pumpkins in the oven and letting them bake.  THEN, I opened them up, scooped out the seeds/pulp, spooned out the yummy pumpkin, mashed and froze in ziplock bags in 2 cup portions.). 
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour 
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Brown sugar to sprinkle over the top.

Mix all ingredients together.  Pour into lightly greased pan (loaf or 9x13).  Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  

Oh.my.delicious.goodness.

Can you taste fall already??

I'm looking forward to using this same recipe when my apples arrive next week. I have two boxes of Jonathan apples on the way from an Amish farm.  I'll be processing them into fresh applesauce and apple butter in my crockpot and baking it into fresh apple cake.  Oo-la-la.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!