Friday, September 13, 2013

a glimpse of my boy



I caught a glimpse of my boy yesterday that made me smile, but at the same time made my heart cry out.  Although he's still my little boy, there are signs of the man he is becoming.  

As he skateboarded up the drive, I wanted to run after him and hold him close.  I remember the curly-haired toddler he was and see the man-child he is.  

I smile.  And want to cry.  Where does the time go?  Hold fast, moms!  Stop more.  Watch more.  Smile more.  Read more.  Hug more.  Love more.

Those are the things that truly matter.  

Psalms 27:11 Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies.


Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember also your CREATOR in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near of which you will say, “I have no pleasure in them.”


Proverbs 1:8-9 Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!