Friday, August 6, 2010

Quest for Knowledge

In our community, traditional public and private schools have all started back this week.  It's hard to believe that it's that time again already.  I don't feel like we have even stopped long enough around our house to participate in "summer vacation."

We won't start "schooling" again until after Labor Day.  I want to spend a few weeks just enjoying one another and getting some things together before we hit the ground running in a million different directions.  I'm in the process of making some decisions on curriculum for this year--and changing some decisions I HAD already made on curriculum for the year.  I think that's part of the beauty of home education--I can change my mind based on where I see my children at this particular time in their lives.  As GOD moves in their hearts, the direction we need to move with them changes as well--and that's a good thing.

In our quest for togetherness, we spent Wednesday afternoon in a friend's swimming pool.  They had hit the beach for a final summer vacation and graciously loaned us their backyard.  It was a fun time for us--but I must admit I wasn't sure we'd get there in one piece for the "togetherness" part of the afternoon.  We're a normal family in that regard.  Many days I just wish for peace to flood over us all.

Today's quest led us to the internet.  We found a recipe for Peanut Butter Muffins and made a batch for lunch.  Yes, LUNCH!  We are FUN like that!  They were very good, but we did decide to add more sugar than called for after the first pan came out of the oven.  I've determined that we are a sugar-junkie family after all.

Our quest continues . . .  I'm not sure what this weekend may hold, but I know WHO holds this weekend.  HE alone is my PEACE.  I'm thankful for the family HE has blessed me with--sibling fights, tears, laughter and all.  I pray that I will be worthy of the role HE has given me and that our children will see HIM in all that we do.  That is simply the reason we live--to KNOW HIM and make HIM KNOWN--and that's Quest enough for me! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!