Friday, June 7, 2019

Homeschool Review: Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year #hsreviews #IGotMyHeyMammaPlanner #tosmagazine #homeschool #schoolplanner #schoolresources



I love a plan -- and a beautiful planner helps me to get my plan together.  I was super pumped when my copy of the Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year arrived from The Old Schoolhouse® a few weeks ago and I couldn't wait to dive right in and start adding things to the calendar.  Y'all . . . this is seriously the prettiest planner.  It's my favorite edition of the Hey, Mama! Planner yet and it really does just get better and better each year.  I think that's because Gena Suarez (author extraordinaire) has walked in our shoes and knows just what a homeschooling mama needs.

I started off by filling in the spaces on the July calendar because the summer is super-crazy in our world.  What I like is that the Hey, Mama! Planner has ample space for writing and mapping out exactly what's going on in our hectic life.  The pages offer big spaces to write in and scratch out and write on again.  It is truly designed for the homeschooling mama and fits my on-the-go lifestyle quite well.  I love to be able to color-coordinate our activities and have space to write in all of the little details.  How about you?

There are two-page spreads for each month beginning with July 2019 and continuing all the way through June 2020.  The blocks are perfect for ordering my days and making sure we get done what we need to get done.  I like that the spread offers me an at-a-glance look at what's going on and what's coming up and gives me a little nudge to make sure to leave some "white space" so that we can unwind and connect right here at home.


Immediately following the two-page monthly spread, there are two-page spreads for each week of a traditional school year and these allow you to completely personalize your Hey, Mama! Planner for your family.  There are spaces for up to five children across the top and there are rows for seven subjects down the side, but if you have more than five children you can flip that puppy around and put your children's names down the side and up to five subjects being studied across the top.  You might also like to utilize this two-page spread as a way to organize the weekly activities for your crew.  Instead of subjects being studied, you might choose to label columns for piano, dance, art, scouts, karate, soccer, church activities (or whatever it is that your loves are involved in that keeps you on-the-go) and list the different books, bags, equipment, shoes, or uniforms needed for each day.  That way, you can remember what needs to be where when and on what day as you load your vehicle up for the week.  Now, I KNOW I'm not the only mama who lives life on-the-run.  The great thing here is that YOU decide how the Hey, Mama! Planner will best suit YOUR needs.  It's flexible enough that you can make it work for YOUR family.


The silver coiled-wire binding makes for smooth turning pages that are held together well -- with no fear of coming loose.  This is a HUGE planner (189-pages) and if it's going to be a part of my everyday then I need it to stay together and be ready to go on-the-run.  It really is super durable and I know all of my scribbles and scratches are right at home inside its covers.   The front and back covers are sturdy cardstock with a glossy finish that make it easy to wipe right off  when smudges appear.  Somebody was smart enough to add these great protective covers, so surely I'm not the only mama who sits her things on to the kitchen countertop without checking to see what water droplets and food traces have been left behind, right?    


The Hey, Mama! Planner truly is a COMPLETE homeschool planner with sections for Curriculum Planning, marking Attendance (if your state requires that you keep it), recording a list of Books Read This Year, and tracking Yearly Goals, First Semester Goals, and Second Semester Goals for each child.  There is space for you to plan and track goals for your children in the following categories:  Educational, Spiritual, Physical, Personal Talents, Life Skills, Financial, and Relational.  This is simply invaluable to me as we assess where we've been, where we'd like our children to be, and how we are going to help them get there.  What a great thing to be able to look back on and refer to for years to come.

Did I mention that the Hey, Mama! Planner is HUGE?  It is chock-full of forms and charts that homeschooling mamas NEED to make school days run smoothly.  BUT even more than that, it is interspersed with encouragment and inspiration in the form of Hey, Mama! devotions written by my friend, Gena, that remind me of my homeschool purpose and GOD's provision and help me to persevere in the calling as I walk out my faith.  They help keep me sane and remind me that GOD loves me and mine and has a perfect plan for all of our days.  I don't know about you, but it sure is good for me to be reminded to model PEACE and JOY and totally rely on GOD to get me through each and every day.  Gena comes right alongside where I am and picks me up with her reminders that I am not alone.  Do you ever need those affirmations in your homeschool?  Oh, boy, I know I do.


Truly, the Hey, Mama! Planner is an organizational and encouraging dream.  There is a place for you to record EVERYTHING you do in a normal school year -- and then some.  You are going to fall in love with the simplicity (and beauty) of the Hey, Mama! Planner so do yourself a favor and order yours today.  That way you can go ahead and get started organizing your new school year NOW.  I promise, you're going to LOVE it.


Just in case I haven't shared enough about it, you can find out even more about the Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year from The Old Schoolhouse® by visiting the following Social Media sites:

Facebook
Twitter @TOSMag

So here's the deal:  Rumor has it that The Old Schoolhouse® has already sold out close to 98% of their print run, and after that, they don't plan to print any more planners until next year.  Don't miss out on this one.  You're going to want to jump on over and grab your copy TODAY.    It's pretty awesome!




I was given the opportunity to review the Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year  from The Old Schoolhouse® as a member of the Homeschool Review Crew.   You can check out the Crew Review and see how other members of the Homeschool Review Crew are using this planner to make their lives easier this year (or just click on the banner below).


Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year {The Old Schoolhouse® Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!