Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Homeschool Review: Nothing by Natalee Creech #hsreviews #WorthyKidsBooks #NataleeCreech #GodsLove #Romans8 #JosephCowman


Y'all . . . I am going to be a grandmother and I am absolutely thrilled!  I am just so excited about the sweet little boy that we will meet later this summer.  I cannot wait to begin cuddling Percy close and reading books with him all snuggled up beside me.  Because I want to make sure and teach our sweet boy that NOTHING can separate us from GOD's love (Romans 8:38-39), the very first book that I will be gifting him is Nothing by Natalee Creech.  There is no book more perfect for him than this beautifully illustrated picture book from WorthyKids, an imprint of Hachette Book Group.  Natalee's words and Joseph Cowman's pictures are quite a combo.

A great way to bring Scripture to life, the illustrations are gorgeous and the rhyming verse rolls off your tongue with a sing-song lilt.  This combination makes it fun to read, fun to hear, and fun to look at together.  But even better?  It is exciting to share just how much GOD loves each and every one of us and to make sure that young and old alike realize that NOTHING -- absolutely NOTHING -- can separate you from GOD's love.  That's the message that I want to make sure is taught at home, at church, in life -- and I know you do, too.


Although it has been written for children ages 4 - 7, Nothing is the perfect book for children of all ages.  The preschoolers and children at church loved it, the middle schoolers at church tolerated it when I read it to them (they really loved it, but they are too cool to own up to that), and every adult that I've shared it with has fallen immediately in love.  Mommas all want their very own copy to share with their little loves at home and I know why.  Isn't this book a gorgeous one to add to your home library?


So here's the super-fun part for me . . . my daughter will be home in just a few weeks and we are planning a baby shower to honor her and welcome baby Percy.  She has chosen an adventure theme for his nursery and Nothing is the perfect complement to that.  No matter the adventure, no matter where you roam, there is nothing that can separate you from GOD's love.   Guests have been invited to bring a book (well-loved or brand-new) to our sweet boy as a constant reminder that he is so very loved and cherished.  I will be writing a blessing in the front cover of my copy of Nothing and gifting it to Percy.  It is my prayer that he will always know that even if "he hopped on a train and rode it all night, boarded a plane for an overseas flight, soared in a rocket past planets in space," he could never "outdistance GOD's LOVE and GOD's GRACE".


More than anything else, I want our boy to know the power of GOD's love for him.   This life will hold adventures galore, but our GOD will hold him forevermore.  That's what I want to impress most upon his heart and Nothing is a great way to begin.






Nothing is a delightful book (32-pages) and illustrates scripture in such a beautiful way.  You need a copy of your very own.  The jacketed hardcover will prove durable for little hands to hold and love for years to come.  The bright pictures quickly draw you into the story and I am confident that this will be a well-loved read for my sweet Percy.  You can learn more about WorthyKids, an imprint of Hachette Book Group and other books they offer for the little ones in you life by visiting the following Social Media sites:





I was given the opportunity to review Nothing by Natalee Creech from WorthyKids, an imprint of Hachette Book Group as a member of the Homeschool Review Crew.   You can check out the Crew Review and see what other members of the Homeschool Review Crew thought of this great book (or just click on the banner below.)


Nothing (Nothing Can Separate You From God's Love) by Natalee Creech {WorthyKids, an imprint of Hachette Book Group Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me!